Cast iron soil pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to identify an adaptor to connect the waste of a modern toilet to a Victorian waste pipe. The waste pipe is difficult to access and therefore I am unable to accurately measure the internal diameter of the pipe which appears to be about 3" to 4" with a bell end diameter of approximately 6". Is there a standard dimension that I can assume to enable me to buy an adaptor :confused:

Sponsored Links
peterlynne said:
I am trying to identify an adaptor to connect the waste of a modern toilet to a Victorian waste pipe. The waste pipe is difficult to access and therefore I am unable to accurately measure the internal diameter of the pipe which appears to be about 3" to 4" with a bell end diameter of approximately 6". Is there a standard dimension that I can assume to enable me to buy an adaptor :confused:

Do what they did in the old days and caulk it with cold lead rope ;)

The cast iron will be 4", Multiwik do a range of pan connectors for cast iron

Sponsored Links
frenum or prepuce.........Prince Albert :eek:.......could be lead@ 3 inch

Many thanks for the advice. Having identified the connector I am trying to locate a supplier.

I suppose the 'bell end' description did invite a response. :)

You will probably need a 88mm adaptor. But there are a range of cast sizes around three i think. But 88mm is most common. it may only come as an extension piece which you will then need to put a standard pan connector into. Some branches of plumb center sell multikwik but any good plumbers merchant should be able to give you something for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back