Cavity Tray Above a Window by removing one course of bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this possible? Is there a product that allows it? I was always under the impression you needed to remove three courses but, as my name suggests, I only design and I don't do :)

Sponsored Links
Type E retro-fit tray. Google Cavity Trays Yeovil.

Type E retro-fit tray. Google Cavity Trays Yeovil.

Thanks for that. I suppose that could've been used. Looking at these pictures though it doesn't look like. One course of bricks has clearly been removed and in one part a few of the course above. But I just can't work out what's been done, or what the lead is for. No other windows on the building have lead. The weep holes too look a bit odd.

Edit: Can you see the pictures? Not sure ive gotten the hang of this uploading pictures lark.

Sponsored Links
Do you actually have a specific question? That ain't a cavity tray btw its a flashing.

Yes. In my first post.

I know its a flashing, I just cant work out what its doing there especially as the builder said he'd installed a new cavity tray. Wondered if any of you have seen it done like this before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back