CCTV and setting the DVR to viewed on line.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i bought a 6 camera set up Hikvision for my home. I plan on installing hte cameras tomorrow. I had a play around yesterday and set up two camera via the DVR with a HDMI into my tv just to see the picture quality etc. All very impressive.

I want to be able to view on a ipad, windows phone, iphone etc.

My problem is i dont think i have a static IP address as im with SKY for my broadband. whats confusing me is the Dynamic IP address so i can view from any browser.

Any help advice on what i need to do, i knwo after setting all the camera up this is going tobe the hardest bit.

thanks

Sponsored Links
As a quick test download the ipad app connect onto router , put in IP address in Dvr , set up new site in app ,put in the local address and away you go. If this works ok now set up for external viewing, the hik free DNS makes life much easier.

Thanks for the replies, didn't know about the free dns website...

Sponsored Links
hi quick question im looking at my configuration on my dvr, gone under network settings, is it the ipv4 address or the ipv6 address that i need

IPv4

(looks like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

ok thanks, its working and i can see it on my laptop now... just trying to set it up from the app on the iphone and on a windows phone..

on the app you have to put in a the device doman...

actually i think ive missed a step and havent forwarded the ports from the router (sky)

You can change the register mode from the hik server or ip/ domain or ip to do a quick check on the local setting ! Then when you have sorted your router just change it back to the hik server and put in the domain name .

Thanks i think ive got myself confused now... first time doing this so apologies for all the questions, im only glad i havent had a couple of beers.

under the DDNS management settings ive added the device, ive copied the serial number across but when i save it the serial number is alot short, ive even typed it out manually then saved it and its still done it.

i guess i need to do this before forwarding the ports

didnt manage to get it working last night, im going to install the system today and hopefully play around tonight with the settings.

just before i start, i had another look.

i'm with sky broadband so ive gone into my router to forward the ports. originally i chose 80 as the default but i noticed someone else on youtube chose another port which was linked to his bitorrent download.

when im looking on the hikvision website to view the cameras the address is

http://192.168.0.xx/doc/page/main.asp.

its this address that i want my phone app to point to isnt it?

and if i chose say port 53156 for instance this is the one i set up in the router to forward and just tobe sure i'd doin inbound and outbound. so for the firewall rules i put the 192.168.0.xx in the send to LAN user address box.

i went on a open port tool checker and it doenst seem ive got it right because its saying its still closed

Identify Open Ports on Your Internet Connection
your external address

open port finder
Remote Address

Use Current IP
Port Number
Closed Port 53156 is closed on 192.168.0.xx.

hands up to the guys that install cctv for a living, man i started at 1000am and finished at 19.30hrs. absolutely knackered i cant even lift my arms!! all installed and connected up.

ive type in my ip address and brought up the cameras so i can view them online...

still unsure how to set them up so i can view them using the apps for ipad and windows phone. if anyone can point me to somewhere that has a walkthrough id be so grateful

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back