1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTV Recommendations for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by veedee, 15 Jan 2020 at 1:38 PM.

1. veedee

veedee

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have little knowledge of CCTV systems for domestic properties

However I do know that I'd like one for my property :mrgreen:

Ideally I would like two for the front of the property

- I would like it to always record to a cloud service for a small fee or none at all
    - Night vision (at least 30 feet)
    - Two way comm in case DHL driver is delivering and nobody home
    - Siren would be nice but essential
    - Budget (under £180). I am frugal so the cheaper (without skimping on quality) the better please ;)

Currently I have a wired outside light, so using power from there could be an option

My wifi modem is close by if that helps too.

Please recommend CCTV

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    £180 might get you an EZVIZ DB1 (3MP video doorbell), if you already have an existing doorbell you maybe able to upgrade relatively easily. need a good wifi 2.4 or 5 at the point its to be fitted.

Unlike the WB6403 it seems to be much better with the British weather but then again the DB1 does have a better IP rating.

Cloud recording I suspect there will be a charge after an initial free trial as is often the case with these things.
    It can record to an NVR, but unfortunately even with HIK Vision NVRs are limited (db1 only on certain models where the wb6403 can be done on any HIK vision NVR or turbo DVR with a free 2MP IP channel).

Sponsored Links