CCTV setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to buy a setup for my home, i have been trying out cameras with ir and even using led security lamps to try and better my views.
But its ok to view around your property but i will never be able to tell who its is.
My dvr at the moment is a cheap 9 channel no name rubbish. I am thinking to go for a Alien pro Hybrid 8 ch which a friend might be selling me. If not then i will have to look at my budget, as for cameras i am using.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180722230176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It seems to me i need a camera to view my drive way and then a good zoom camera to focus on the entry's of my home and around my vehicles.

I have wasted to much and now would like to get the best system for my home, even if i have to save to buy.

Thanks Dave

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hello Dave,

Best you can afford at the time is always the best thing for a DIY system.

The Camera on ebay has a sony chip but is no mean a sony camera. Saying that I do not know the camera and as a professional would stick to recommending systems which I am familiar with and know are up to the job. But another guy not so long ago also mentioned similar camera but a dome type which everyone shot down in flames, but he was well happy with the results when it arrived.

But again I wouldnt use it. We have a couple of no mark camera in one of our CCTV control rooms and they are great for pointing at the toaster/microwave and kettle so the concierge know when their food is ready but thats about it. (In my opinion)

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back