cctv with wireless, wire and ip capability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested in getting cctv in the building I live. There are 11 flats. We were keen to avoid chasing/tracking walls due to the amount of work it would involve and the cost, although we won't rule it out for future major reworks.

I was interested in a system which could start off as wireless but could be wired later on. I was also keen on something with IP capability.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and any brands you can recommend?

Sponsored Links
Everything is possible. But that usually comes at a price.
The honest answer here is: nobody can give you any sort of definitive answer without a full site survey and a more defined list of specific requirements.

IP would be the way to go. Sorting out the network shouldn't be too much trouble, subject to the above. The cameras could then sit on that quite easily. You will have to watch bandwidth though.

Key issue here again though is price. Good kit ain't cheap.

I have a panasonic BLC-131A

Its a wireless / wired network camera.

When I bought it, it was around the £200 mark. Let me tell you, while its fine for my purposes, it certainly isn't "evidence quality"

Also, when buying IP cameras, remember to factor in the cost of some monitoring / recording software. Panasonic supplies some free, but it will only let you view one camera at a time, the multi camera software is something like £200 - £300 IIRC

Here is a shot from my camera to give you an idea of the quality.

Notice, you cant see the blue cars registration number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back