CDT212W Chuck removal tips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

just a quick post here.

I currently have a small problem with my drill driver (that I use as a screw driver mostly). It’s the wickes version of CDT212W model. The chuck keeps getting stuck to the point I have to put in a vice and use pliers to undo it. A few days ago, I remembered that we have a spare chuck, and should work well, if I have done my rese right. Going from a 10mm chuck to 13mm bit opening.

Anyway, I have removed the screw inside the chuck but that has virtually no head (why?) and watched about 20 videos if not more on how to remove the chuck, and I have tried to apply this to the drill but just can’t seem to do it… can you help with tips etc?

btw. I have never been good with the whole righty tighty lefty loosey. When doing something clockwise or anti-clockwise does that mean as the drill faces you or away from you?

my main confusion of lefty tightly, if you look at a clock, the minute hand from 6 goes left (clockwise) however if you do anti-clockwis, and have the minute hand at 12, the minute hand goes left… so basically if you can please just use clockwise or ant-clockwise that would help loads.

thank you

Sponsored Links
I have found in the past that the screw inside the chuck has a left-hand thread, but the chuck itself has a right hand thread. Once the screw inside the chuck is removed, the chuck will need to be "shocked" off. Wrapping an oil filter removal chain around the chuck and hitting the "handle" with a hammer will often suffice.

Sponsored Links
Hello, so, I have had to go through the gearbox, I took the drill chuck that was still attached to the shaft, I had to put it into a vice and with a lot of force and leverage I was eventually able to break the seal? Either way it came off, I brought a new chuck, i went for a metal one, as it should last longer and if anything gets stuck as before it would be easier and do less damage to the chuck to open it.

I took a note of each piece of the gearbox on how it went together as I removed everything, but I have put it together but only second gear works, the 1st gear is not engaging somewhere, dose anyone know where I can get the schematics for this gearbox for the cdt212w.4 drill?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back