Ceasing smoking...

• Thread starter ElectricianDirect
  • Start date
Once a smoker, always a smoker.

That's why so called ex-smokers hate secondhand smoke (they secretly want to have a ciggy to themselves).

Thats why it should br banned in public places to help those wishing to cut down to zero fags per day.

Martin

Sponsored Links
No - once a smoker always someone who was once a smoker.

That's why so called ex-smokers hate secondhand smoke (they secretly want to have a ciggy to themselves).
You say you don't....

And it's not why I do, but I am far less tolerant of it than my wife, who has never smoked.

When I first gave up, it did bother me to be near someone who smokes, but it doesn't now. My missus still smokes, albeit not half as many as she used to. I am asked if I find it more difficult with her smoking, but I don't go outside to smoke with her any more, so no.

I must say though, that even after a year I find it difficult to recall rolling a cigarette, and although I smoked for a fairly long time (from 14 years old to nearly 41) because I was always fairly active, people were mostly surprised when I joined them for a cigarette. The only reason the the old adage 'Once a smoker......' is bandied about, is because, as a smoker I know what it feels like, tastes like and smells like to me, and so if tempted again, would recall it.

As a non-smoker, someone only knows what they smell like, and mostly they are disgusted by it. Some don't give a hoot, such as my sister, but she may be an exception!

You say you don't....

This is true,but remember mm brain has be chemically rewired by the use of Zyban to make me a non smoker.

I just took the tablets - went a bit crazy for a time and hey bingo - no effort - no wanna any fags any more.

But before this when I tried to give up using that thing I aint got called will power, well then what I said in my post is true. I should add I did also give up for 5 years in my 20s following a session with a hypnotherapist. So really I have let my brain be messed about with by incompetent watch danglers and drug companies.

Zyban has now been withdrawn and replaced with something much better so I am told.

Martin

Sponsored Links
My brother is smoking 10 to 12 a day.He smells like a stinky mouse.I heard about the electronic cigarette,does it work?

My brother is smoking 10 to 12 a day.He smells like a stinky mouse.I heard about the electronic cigarette,does it work?

Why would you want an electronic fag?

ps hello lily and welcome to the forum. Have you any DIY questions or answers?

or are you just trying to get your post count up

Mods 11 this is the most sarci massage I have seen a mods post since I have been on here

It's now the 11th January... "yes" I would love another cigarette, but could you imagine when Cook (?) first returned from the Americas with something called tobacco - how would he have marketed the product?

"hey! I've discovered a leaf which I can burn and inhale the smoke"

The Government probably thought "it's addictive - we can tax it!!!!) in the same way as they purchased opium from India, transported it to China where they exchanged it for silk (having hooked the locals on opium) and then transported the silk to good, old, England - the country responsible for the early addiction of many in the name of Great Britain.

Anyway, the withdrawals have been intense - symptons similar to tumour of the brain - but without any medication or other aids I have still not smoked since Christmas Eve :LOL:

Anyway, the withdrawals have been intense - symptons similar to tumour of the brain - but without any medication or other aids I have still not smoked since Christmas Eve :LOL:

Give yourself a break if it's getting hard. Have a chat with the NHS. I saw them in Reading town centre yesterday helping people out.

Keep it up. Put the £'s away your saving. Don't look back, you've finished with smoking now. :)

Gave up at the beginning of June 2010 (after 39years), one thing that helped was having a reason in my case a dare from a close friend (if she gave up and lasted a month I would give up)

Used the services of a local chemist to assist and lozenges, the first few weeks were hard but I succeeded.

It's now the 11th January... "yes" I would love another cigarette, but could you imagine when Cook (?) first returned from the Americas with something called tobacco - how would he have marketed the product?

"hey! I've discovered a leaf which I can burn and inhale the smoke"

The Government probably thought "it's addictive - we can tax it!!!!) in the same way as they purchased opium from India, transported it to China where they exchanged it for silk (having hooked the locals on opium) and then transported the silk to good, old, England - the country responsible for the early addiction of many in the name of Great Britain.

It was Christopher Columbus I believe? Can you imagine the Americans disgust several years later at that Boston tea party, YOU TOLD US IT WAS FOR SMOKING!!!!! NOT for drinking in a brew! Chuck it in the drink, Right, you tax us too much, we want independence, lets have a war. Thus eventually spawning the current tea party, with slogans such as "WE want Barack out, and we have no idea why!!!"..While we still sit on the side, drinking our tea, and smoking our snuff/tobacco, while they drink their Sloppy Joes, and become fatter. Sloppy Joes, and fatness will make the US become part of the UK again, but we don't want you. OK? :LOL:

Columbus never set foot on America. He only reached Cuba.

If you ever find a Septic who tells you Columbus discovered America, ask him where, because you would like to visit the site.

It is widely believed that Raleigh brought back tobacco to England, but it is also thought be brought back the potato (which is native to South America, so he probably didn't)

Columbus never set foot on America. He only reached Cuba.

If you ever find a Septic who tells you Columbus discovered America, ask him where, because you would like to visit the site.

It is widely believed that Raleigh brought back tobacco to England, but it is also thought be brought back the potato (which is native to South America, so he probably didn't)

a 'Septic' ? interesting? Wikipedia diagrees.

It is widely known that Raleigh brought back the bicycle of the two standard sized wheels. Columbus, brought us tobacco, but was too stoned to say so. As are you. it seems. Do research. As I did. Explain what a 'septic' is, in the first degree?

Research research research..you didn't do it did you?

I gave up after 20 yrs of smoking, 7 yrs now without a ciggy.
Always wanted to, but one morn i passed out at work and at the hossie they said down to too much smoking.
As I ride a motorcycle the thought of passing out at speed made the decision for me.
No patches, no subsitutes.
Grumpy for a week or so, that was it.

Nothing like a shock to make you stop.

Sponsored Links
Back