Passive smoking

Sponsored Links
not any more as i said ex. I always said i would laugh at an original joke or comment and shake the persons hand. Still never have!

Sponsored Links
Even though he said he would be at work today his car was in the drive when I arrived this morning. So before I unloaded any equipment I asked if I could have a word and then asked if they would be smoking today. She said that she wouldn't be but she didn't know if anyone else would be. I then asked if the 'husband' was in and would he be smoking. She invited me in to ask him directly and it took him a few moments of consideration before he said he wouldn't if it was bothering me. I explained that it was bothering me and asked him to confirm that there would be no more smoking in the house. They agreed and I started work.

I have seen them smoking outside several times, but I didn't mind that. The 14 year old was sat in full view of passers-by on the front door step having a smoke when this couple returned home and caught him in the act. Shortly afterwards a bucket of water was thrown in his direction.

All this seems to have cleared the air in more ways than one and the husband even gave me a lift to hang the boiler. They were overjoyed to find out that they now have hot water again and he volunteered to help me carry my equipment to the van.

I told them that it had been a pleasure working there today (comparatively speaking), she said that I should have mentioned it sooner (Tuesday evening sprung to mind but I let it go) and to cap it all he now wants me to give him a job!

go on give him a job, thats if you can hold your breath all day!

Back