Ceasing smoking...

• Thread starter ElectricianDirect
  • Start date
E

ElectricianDirect

A few days before Christmas I went down with the flu...
"Man-Flu" is not understood by the fairer sex, but has it's advantages...
I went without a cigarette for the first time in many years... One day, 2 day, 3 day....
Strewth! The side affects of giving up smoking makes swine flu look like a walk through the park.
My 8 year old girl is very impressed.How I feel... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Ive been smokefree for 18months now after 15yrs on the ciggies.
Best thing I ever did! :D

I gave up using zyban five years ago. Terrible side effects

Side Effects:-
This medication is generally well tolerated. Common side effects include:- Dry mouth, headache, increased sweating, insomnia, nausea/vomiting, constipation, anxiety, fatigue and blurred vision may occur.

I had the lot. But it worked and I still don't smoke or even fancy smoking.

Before that you sound as commited a smoker as I was. I would set a date to give it up then get all anxious and buy a pack of fags one hour into the working day,

I understand that there are much better drugs available now at the doctors. I recommend you use them.

Martin

I gave up 2 years ago, after smoking since school (primary school) :eek: off and on (I'm 56)
Still fancy them now but I can resist. Must be saving a bomb but can't tell any difference. Don't feel any healthier, still got stamina.
Put on 2 stone tho' and hate meself for that :mad:
John :)

Sponsored Links
I gave up when packet of 20 No6 King size went to 50p. Was smoking 25 a day. My wife gave up at same time and no woman was beating me!

Well two years later working in Algeria and large cigars at 25 diners a box about a £1 and I lit up in pub. Tasted rotten never wanted to smoke after that. I was a Hogger sure it had connection with camel?

It was about 5 years before I realised I no longer coughed every day.

Did not put on weight after I stopped but if you tasted the food where I worked you may realise why.

I go to college and look at kids smoking I think they must be thick what are they doing in college? If they are not intelligent enough to know not to smoke what chance have they got on college course?

Just use natural stuff now like whiskey, rum and real ale!

Gave up in December 2004 when I had a bad cold and could not taste them properly. Never had any side effects from stopping, even told my supplier of cheap fags from Spain that he could find someone else to buy them as I did not want anymore.
Was admitted to hospital a month later for something else and they discovered that I had lung cancer. Soon gives you that extra incentive to stop smoking.
Had chemo and radiotherapy and was declared completely free of the cancer after the treatments. Stats show that only 1 person in 20 who is treated for, and cured of lung cancer is still alive five years later, so that puts me in the 1 in 20 group.

Stick with it, you may never feel much healthier if you smoked for a long time BUT you will feel a lot richer and live a lot longer. Good Luck to everyone who is going to stop smoking for a New Year Resolution.

dave

just wish i could stop, i would save on average £70 per week, thats £280 per month, HOLY SH!T thats £3360.00 per year

i really do need to stop smoking

You can stop If you want to.

It is really easy. If you want to.

But you have to really want to.

Wishing you could because you know you ought to won't do.

Wishing you could because you're scared of what might happen if you don't won't do.

Wishing you could because of the money it's costing you won't do.

Knowing you need to won't do.

You have to really want to, and if I knew the secret of how to make people really want to I'd make an absolute fortune.

I want to ban ownership of cats. :D
I want to sh*g Angelina Jolie (for at least 35 seconds). :D :LOL:
I want many, many things in life.
People say if you want something enough, in life, You can do it.....
That's b*llocks............. it's all relative.
An everyday plumber is never going to fly for NASA because he wants to.

The reality is......... people give up smoking even when they Don't want to
hidesbehindsofa.gif

:LOL:

dave.m

Sorry to hear about the disease, but you got over it. I smoked over 20 a day, then one day after work, I nodded off in my armchair, and woke, with an incredible pain, like a sword penetrating straight through my chest. Hurts to move, pensioners on the highstreet were overtaking me, as I was short of breath.

After a week, a friend convinced me to visit the hospital, and I booked in, 10 seconds later, I was in surgery, having a collapsed lung reinflated. After that, no urge to smoke, no cravings, no desire. Then one day, braked hard in my car, and a pack of 20 appeared from under the passenger seat. Must try one, a sign from God, hooked ever since, and tried to give up since, had the worst day of my life.

I've had those imported ciggies, and found myself completely off food, and throwing up, that have ruined my teeth, don't buy cheap ciggies. They have destroyed my taste buds and my teeth, but proper cigs remain, as you can chat to hotties outside a bar, while the stiffs remain inside, watching your stuff!

I was smoking approx 25 -30 a day but I could no longer ignore the health implications i.e. feeding my organs, eyes, brain and lungs with smoke which can't be doing them much good! :eek:

jctilingservices

Make some small changes with your smoking habits. Only smoke in 1 designated place (I used to sit on the bottom of the stairs) and do not smoke in the car / van.

Make a start today and if you make the right noises I will support you to cut down and eventually (could take months) you will stop on your own free will.

Its all about CHANGING YOUR HABITS :D

Sponsored Links
Back