Ceiling Light Loop In - options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to swap a ceiling rose for a pendant light fitting. What is the correct way of dealing with the loop in? I understand a choc block on its own is no longer acceptable. I am going to struggle to get a choc box in. Is there another option? What about these wago connectors? There is a little room inside the pendant to perhaps fit a wago connector for the loopin?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ceiling roses are what pendant lights hang from...

As for whether your light has room inside it for a Wago connector or a piece of connector strip - you have the light, we don't.

most roses have a connector strip built in that will deal with loop in/out and switch don't they?

Sponsored Links
It's still acceptable to have a chock block for the loop in in your new fitting just so long as you don't stuff it up into the ceiling.

ETLAGUNASF.JPG
I do sometimes wonder about the TLC buyers....

Hi
I've got a similar issue. I've changed a fair few ceiling roses but I've just bought a light with only 3 connections and I have a loop circuit. The live, neutral and earth wires are self explanatory but Any advice on what I do with the loop wires? Can I just buy a chic block 3 wire connection and install that in the new rose?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 164
And as the answer in the Wiki, as per

screenshot_784.jpg

Please stop hijacking posts and please stop multiply posting the same question.

Can I just buy a chic block 3 wire connection and install that in the new rose?
I don't know if you can.

People usually put up with unstylish ones like this

choc-block.jpeg

I've never felt the need to look for a chic one, so IHNI if they exist.

Hilarious... Or not. That's predictive text for you!

Thanks EFL - came up with an error on previous thread so didn't think it had posted. Thanks for advice though

Just to check - do all 3 wires go in the same block - I assume so given they're not connected otherwise? Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back