Ceiling Light Loop In - options?

Sponsored Links
What happens in this situation?

Robert Spaw has shown a picture of his new light, and the connector block as supplied is fitted to the light fitting.

The light is not in an enclosure.

One can't very tape up that connector block.

Though one could sepeate the blocks so the live blocks can be taped up.

But then again, taping isn't considered to be within an enclosure.

So I won't mention tape again - only that it's better than nothing - a phrase not used much now.

We don't know if the ceiling is flammable etc.

As I mentioned on a recent topic, a large overlapping plastic BESA box lid would improve things.

Why the hell can't they design light fittings better?

Thanks - so that's thoroughly confused me! So I have connected the live, neutral and Earth in the connections included in the light as purchased. I have then connected the red loop wires into a single choc block. I wrapped the choc block in insulation tape as I heard this covers the live screws and limits the potential of it becoming loose over time. It's all working fine and fits fine in the ceiling rose but then I saw your comments and I'm not sure what to do... Do I need to change anything or is it just the lack of clear regulations? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mind you, I would be happier if all those connections were enclosed a bit better, like I mentioned earlier...

Why the hell can't they design light fittings better?
Mind you, I would be happier if all those connections were enclosed a bit better, like I mentioned earlier...
I always felt that the typical British installation method for lighting fixtures was lacking for precisely that reason. I much prefer the arrangement here where a back box is fitted in the ceiling as standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back