Ceiling light nightmare

Well learn from others then, and learn that this is not how you address people. Being frustrated by a poster who doesn't immediately give you all the correct answers, doesn't give you the right to be downright personally rude.

I take it you don't run your own business? I have been self-employed in the very near past for 10 years. I have had countless 100's of customers in that time. Many of them have been unable to effectively communicate their problems and needs because of a lack of electrical knowledge & vocab. Is it OK to insult them?

Like calling the OP Mr Potato Head in your latest response: immature and NOT funny.

The OP did want to be helped. He admitted he had very little knowledge. Maybe he could have been told that he did not possess the right knowledge to complete the job yet, whatever. But not insulted.

If that is how you will treat people here, I'm pleased you won't be here from Monday.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your comments, Securespark.

I have decided to call an electrician in as there are one or two other jobs around the house that need doing.

Regards,
mrtomato (not potato head!)

i thought this post was veryyyyyy funny and told all my mates to read it, especially Taylortwocities replies.

He's certainly not as polite as you!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Take it easy, guys. I will assume that TaylorTwoCities has had
a hard day and is a bit short-tempered for some reason. I don't
expect he will make a habit of it. We have to recognise that
members of the forum will be perfectly competent at their own
jobs but there's no reason why they should be good at ours, as securespark rightly says, and we have a duty to be patient and
tease out the information we need.

My apologies to Mr Tomato, we aren't usually so irascible on here.

Mod Rupert

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
Thank you, Rupert.

SS, if you check out my other posts you'll see that I try to be helpful and constructive, with the odd gentle dig, if its warrantied.

I'll not apologise, though. I'd spent a lot of time on my day off trying to advise him and didnt get even half of the info I needed to help the guy.

That's your choice, but I would, in your position. As the guy said, he didn't make you reply... Surely you've met folks with a lack of knowledge & vocab before, who have put a point or request across badly?

Anyway, it's your decision and I can't make you, of course. I'm going to leave it there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back