ceiling light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently moved into an old property with really old ceiling fan, I want to connect a normal ceiling rose, bought a 6 amp which does not fit, would a 15 amp be suitable for this, been into homebase who does,nt seem to stock, can anyone help on this subject?

Sponsored Links
allymillsy said:
I want to connect a normal ceiling rose, bought a 6 amp which does not fit, would a 15 amp be suitable for this,

You bought a 6amp what? Your question isn't very clear. If you are just replacing the fan with a pendant what is it that doesn't fit?

Sponsored Links
They should do. Are they all twisted together? It is easier if they are kept separate and put into the connector individually and straight. More cables will fit if you do that.

How many earth/lives are there?

2 lives and one earth, ceiling pendant is 6amp, would i need to go for a ceiling pendant which is 15amp for them to fit>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back