Ceiling mount AM360QD set off by cat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all really - cat is setting of my ceiling mount AM360QD - I have pulse count set to 2 but it's only 2.4m from the ceiling in a fairly small room. Is there another sensor that would be better?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
what room, what’s in the room.

Cats climb, jump up on furniture, so you will struggle to avoid false alarms, you can look at hard wired sensors and put zone on double knock or multi knock possibly and this may help depending on panel it’s on.

Its easier to omit the pie and use perimeter protection.

Sponsored Links
never has been and never will be but the replacement might night help either based on whats in the room

So it's a utility room, around 9m2, has a work surface that said feline can jump onto. If a ceiling sensor is the wrong thing, it's the wrong thing, but we didn't hard wire any door sensors (mistake, I know). I could add a Ricochet, but that's what I wanted to avoid in the first place.

So ideal would be to move it to a corner and use a D20 instead??? Or is there something else I could use ceiling mount?

And then I'm reading that possibly a D20 that faces the stairs may be a bad idea as well? We've got one of those, but not yet had any false alarms as far as I know.

The reality is the D20 wont make anything any better for the extra cost over say a Q20, the cat activates the Q20 it will almost certainly activate the D20.

The capture do have petwise settings that can help but the counter is going to make them pretty much irrelevant.

You would then have try and focus the capture away from the work surface and or block out the lens to achieve the same.

You need to look at something that has to break two separated detection zones like in a External TD or similar where one detection is straight out and the other downward and both have to be broken to activate but that isn't ceiling mounted unfortunately.

Well I'm comparing a D20 against the in-situ AM360QD which is triggering fairly reliably when she's in there. The D20 in the hall isn't triggering so far.
Anything better for pet-proof PIR that we could recommend here? I guess it doesn't have to be Texecom right?

its hard wired so you can pick anything.

we dont recomend pet tolerant sensors but see above for the recomendation.

From my experience these or the RX40 pt are the only ones I would recommend ….but again correct position is required and masking of areas can help , without seeing the layout of the room it’s a guessing game

Attachments

• IMG_5919.png
    IMG_5919.png
    484.3 KB · Views: 13
By the way we had 2 cats now 1 and the RX40 Pt ( now not made but still available in limited numbers ) have been faultless and still give good coverage unlike other devices eg visonic and texecom older pet pirs , have fitted many of the Bosch piirs and had no major issues

we have two cats and not a pet sensor in the house, but perimeter protection and limited to a room, although they tend to be relatively quiet when they have come in from outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back