Ceiling mounted extractor fan

M

marsaday

I cannot exit the room via the wall for my fan, so it is going to be the ceiling and then up through the roof.

Any recommendations for the size / type of fan. It will feed into soil pipe which will go through the roof. The distance travelled will be approx 2.5m. I will lag this pipe to help prevent condensation.

Does it need to be low voltage as it will be above the shower head area.

Ps, BC are involved and i will have a sparky, but just wanted to get some recommendations on good fans.

Sponsored Links
Arrange for a condensation trap to divert water running down the inside of the pipe away from the fan and into a suitable drain. ( dripping from the end of a 20mm pipe through the soffit board for example )

I assuming you are not using the existing soil stack pipe for the vent.

I'd insulate the drain pipe too, and try to get the run as steep as possible - you don't want it freezing up, because then the condensate won't drain away...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back