Ceiling rose and new lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am in the middle of fitting a new ceiling in my en-suite bathroom. I currently have 3 spotlights on one round base which i want to get rid off. After lifting off the old base i noticed that the ceiling rose was intact under it. Because one possible idea of mine was to fit 3 recessed downlights id need to move the ceiling rose inside the loft and have a nice flush ceilng. Is there a safe way of doing this (ie fit it to a joist?) or will i have to swap the rose for a junction box? Another alternative would be for me to keep the ceiling rose where it is and just get a new set of spot lights (but i'm unsure if you can get these for bathrooms??) :rolleyes:
Also, my lights dont appear to have an earth (or at least from what i can remember) - is this a problem and if so how easy is it to rectify?

Cheers in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
Replace it with a junction box in the loft, I suppose at a push you could just move the rose into the loft, but that looks amaterish and shoddy, oh and as you are fitting lights in a bathroom type area, this work is notifiable to your local building control office (you can thank mr. two jags for that one... :rolleyes: )

And do you mean you lights don't have an earth or your lighting circuit doesn't have an earth?

Argh...pants! I didnt realise i had to notify building control for this.
Cheers for the info!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back