ceiling rose (kitchen)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,sparkys! 1.0mm2 lighting cable to rose,----blue,yellow,red,earth,--could you tell me how are these cables connected to the rose? no-other cables 4 core going there,only supply,other light(next room) and oven extractor (light/fan) which are three core,so at present no-light in kitchen and i am glad to say this is my brother in laws house and doing and also he is not on the net :LOL: much obliged,degs.

Sponsored Links
I think you may need to rephrase your post again. I may of misunderstood what you are saying but you said 1mm2 lighting cable going to rose and this being blue, yellow, red and earth. Which is infact 3 core and earth cable used for connections between switch to switch. If you are coming from an existing rose or junction box then you need to be using 2 core & Earth, Black red and earth. I found your post a bit difficult to understand, but try and have a look here This is the forums reference page which will give you diagrams. Obviosuly I can't see what you are doing or attempting to do and therefore can't really comment. Are you planning to do this yourself?

hi sparky's,no i am not doing the job,but yes only that cablr going to the rose from the light switch,just want to know how it fixes on to the other cables,thank you degs

I understood that at the lighting position are three cables, two t & e and one three core.

The three core cable MAY be a switchwire, live feed and neutral (BUT DON'T TAKE THIS FOR GRANTED!): I don't know why there may be a neutral at the switch position, but it does happen.

Need to take off the light switch(es) and see what cables / colours you have there. This may give you some clues, but turn off the power before you touch anything!

Sponsored Links
hi sparky's,yes it is a1.0mm2 three core and earth,other cables are live supply,other light cable and cooker extractor/fan. just need to know how this cable with 4 leads is joined,it has 1xred,1xyellow,1x bare,1x blue. thanks degs

Have you checked the switch position(s) to see what is there? POWER OFF, OF COURSE!!

hi spark's,the cable is attached to the back of the switch--blue,red,yellow,bare-----thes lead to the rose.i will have to look further in to it,all he had to do was copy the position of the cables in the first place b4 doing anything,degsy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back