Ceiling rose too many wires?

Sponsored Links
The ryb cable is for a burglar alarm is believe after chasing he wires.
Why would a burglar alarm need a switched live from a light?

Because some panels, notably the ADE Accenta, have a facility for switching some lighting on in alarm condition.

The installer could have taken a permanent live and neutral for the panel, along with a switched live to connect to the lighting output.

Last edited:
It may not be a big job, but it also may!
If you have inherited a historical problem, they maybe a reason why you have what you have. I would personally stump 100 Great British Pounds and hopefully the electrician is as good as his/her word!

Sponsored Links
If you are certain about the 3 core feeding the alarm panel, it must have sounded off by now as the panel will not have power the way the 3 core is connected now.

Alternatively, the 3 core could be feeding the second switched fitting: red=L blue=N yellow=SW L.

Sometimes I have taken a three core to fittings with a permanent live in case I need to extend in the future.

To advise further, you need to post pictures of the wiring in the other rose and the switches.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back