Celotex GA4075 vs Jabfloor 70

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am at the floor insulation stage now of my extension.

I would like peoples opinions regarding the difference between Celotex GA4075 and Jabfloor 70 EPS (75mm of course).

Jabfloor seems to be a fair bit cheaper than celotex but I don't want to make a choice limited to the cost of the item.

This is going to be laid under the concrete slab.

Adrian

Sponsored Links
I had a conservatory floor laid over Jabfloor then screeded. The Jabfloor was not flat so its settled down over two years, the screeding has pulled down so cracks have appeared in the render along the bottom of the walls, despite using the foam edging stuff (for thermal expansion of the UFH).
Frank

Jablite is just polystyrene so nothing like as good an insulator as Celotex so if you insist on using it then you would need about 120mm.

Jablite is just polystyrene so nothing like as good an insulator as Celotex so if you insist on using it then you would need about 120mm.

This.
Celotex is only a brand name, there's lots of cheaper pir boards available and you can get a good discount if you need a few.

Jason

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back