Central Heating Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mums house , old back boiler went wrong Jan 1st and a week latter was replaced with a Baxi Megaflo System HE a Range Gas Fired Condensing Boiler, had no problems at all.
Mid May had builders in to fit new kitchen, rewire house, and over bath shower ( only been used once ) and the water was drained a few times and the radiator in kitchen was disconnected, three weeks into the month long building project the pressure went on the boiler, had to be the bank holiday weekend when no builders here of course, but i managed to fix it, a few days latter the kitchen radiator was re-connected and the boiler re-presurised again.

This morning which can only be a month latter the pressure has gone again, i have again fixed it for her.

How often dose this normaly happen? and what could be causing it? during the recent building work, the only things I can think of that have changed that could be connected are.

1. New Kitchen Sink unit with some new pipe work to it.
2. New Shower over Bath but that was only used once about three weeks ago.
3. when they put in the new kitchen which also included the ceiling and plaster on walls being knocked down and re-done they also moved the drainage pipe from the boiler.

the boiler is located in what was the airing cupboard in the upstairs back bedroom, they run the drainage pipe along from the boiler under the floor boards from the left hand back corner of the room to the far right outside wall, then through and down the kitchen wall by the window and then connected it to the drainage outlet by where the washing machine then was ( now relocated).
Now the drainage pipe has been moved to the corner further from the kitchen window and boxed in, much nicer but could this have altered things????

i,m not always here to sort it and might mean my 85 year old mum could be without heat and hot water for days at a time on a regurlar basis if it is going to keep going this quick

Fortuntely in a way it,s a council house so not costing but still could take days to get someone out if i,m not here, and i,m not keen on doing it to be honest as it,s akward to get at and the screw you have to turn on the pipe to the boiler has to be just spot on to stop the water coming out which is not apparent till you take off the filler pipe, caused a flood last time but only a small amount this time as i was aware of it.

After advice for when I phone up about it tomorrow as don't want to be fobbed off.

No names or this forum will be mentioned in the phone call just want to be sure of the facts before I phone.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably one of two things.

Air in the system has found it's way to the automatic air vent. When the air is expelled the pressure drops. Fill and vent the rads.

Leak in the heating circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back