Central Heating drained now boiler only produced HW (not CH)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Mr father-in-law is currently helping me with some work in the house. We have removed some old redundant pipe to a radiator which no longer exists and also replaced the mains stop cock and removed a sure-stop (electronic stop-cock button) which I did not trust.

As part of the work the CH system was drained down.

Since the drain down the my Remeha Avanta condensing boiler does not seem to be working correctly. When we first powered it back up, it was displaying E7 and E10 errors which I believe are related to flow/pressure problems. I adjusted the pressure and give it a couple of restarts and then it seemed to stop displaying these errors.

However although the boiler seems to be producing HW, the CH does not seem to work. After a while the boiler displays E1 error (but still seems to produce HW).

Connected to the system (on the wall upstairs) we have a Drayton programmer/control system and a separate wireless temperature control unit. I have noticed that even if I have both the CH and HW swtiched off on the control panel, the boiler sounds like it is still running (although if I look outside, no steam is being vented).

For reference I have drained the system and powered off/on the boiler several times in the past and never seen any error codes.

I have bled all the radiators.

Any ideas what is happening here? I am wondering if I have accidently changed a setting or something so that it is ignoring the control panel?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can I edit the title? I meant to say "producing", not "produced".

The more I read, the more it seems likely that I might have air in the pump. I will try bleeding it when I get home this afternoon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back