Central heating problem, with hot water

Sponsored Links
Good job done.
SC10.gif

He told me that I need my pump, immersion heater and possibly either Timer or thermostat replacing. He came and look at it for 5 minutes, then charged me £69 for coming out to my house. He will charge me again for the labour and materials once I agree to have it done.

I told him that both my immersion heater and pump are working. He can even hear it himself. He said because I have an old boiler, they need to be changed at the same time and hopefully sort my CH. I disagreed to his diagnosis so that is the reason I came to this forum.

:D :D :D

I am so sorry you encountered that cowboy.

Suppose you were a little old lady. You would have paid £300 and he would have changed the motor.

In contrast I would have charged £84 diagnostic fee plus £34 for the motor but then I correctly identify the fault and if the customer wants to do the repair himself then thats fine.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back