central heating problems

pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can anyone help? I have a drayton lifestyle lp722 programmer/timer and a drayton mid position actuator.
I have put heating on timer to come on at 6.30am and to go off at 7.30am and again to come on at 5.00pm and to go off at 7.00pm.
the heating is coming on when asked (timed) but it is not switching off when timed to go off. the boiler will stay on but does eventually goes off on it own at 12.oopm I have checked the mid position actuator and the lever W M H does move when asked to the correct position when asked for hot water(W) both water and heat(M) AND HEAT ONLY (H) does anyone know the problem and what it is?

Sponsored Links
Check the times are AM and PM and not mixed.

The programmer should be on twice.

when the timed programmer get to the time it should switch off ie 7.30 am or at night 7.00pm the light on the programmer goes out but the boiler still lights up till either 12.00am or 12.00pm

Sponsored Links
Something must be wired wrong would be the first guess.

Has any work be done or has the problem always been there.

the hot water - not switching off when timed started in february this year. I have been switching it off manually at the fuse box which is next to the programmer/timer.

I had a electrician out last Friday for another problem I had with the Heating and Hot water not coming on seperately when asked. It has now been sorted the electrian had my upstairs floor boards up and he did some replacement cable wiring and gave me a new room stat (digital)

This last problem and I am asking about - I have had since February - he did not know what has caused it. He has suggested I replace the Mid position actuator and if they does not put it right then possibly replace the programmer/timer?

Something must be telling it to stay on, so if no work has been done I would check/change the programmer.

If you have a multimeter and know how to use it safely you can check where the power is coming from

Do I replace all of it - rewiring as well or just replace the front part?

No the boiler is behind the gas fire it's a Baxi bermuda inset 3 super about 10 yrs old and no it does'nt have a frost stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back