Central Heating Pump running every 15 mins?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a an Vaillant EcoTec 831,connected with a Megaflow and Wilo heat pump.My Wilo pump keeps running every 15 mins, didn't happen before and wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. Just to help:

1) Water is set to constant and always has
2) Heating is on off and has been all summer
3) 2 Port Zone Valve was recently replaced (now working)
4) Pump runs every 15 mins
5) Boiler displaying a 'rad' flashing continuously

I also had Vaillant Engineer in and it was he identified the 2 Port Valve not working. So we changed and the problem still persists? They also said the 'rad' flashing was 'normal'. They checked the internal boiler board and associated bits n pieces but the problem persists.

Thanks for your responses.
Dhar :eek:

Sponsored Links
If the Vaillant engineer failed to diagnose the problem then complain to Vaillant !

Thank you, i assume it is a combi but i will let experts amongst you to confirm? Note there is no HW tank, Megaflow does that for us.

Cheers and happy Sunday morning all :eek:

Sponsored Links
The 831 is a combi with its own internal pump, its straight forward to connect to a megaflo for extra flow rate but what is the wilo pump doing ?

Hello,

I have a an Vaillant EcoTec 831,connected with a Megaflow and Wilo heat pump. My Wilo pump keeps running every 15 mins, didn't happen before and wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. Just to help:

Thanks for your responses.

Dhar :eek:

He says its a Wilo Heat Pump !

I am not convinced that he knows what he has !

Tony

I am not convinced that he knows what he has !

Yep, it is infuriating when people come on here looking for advice and aren't sure what they are talking about. Anybody would think this is a site for helping people who aren't sure what they........oh wait a min :rolleyes:

Ok folk, my apologies it's a Wilo Central Heating Circulating Pump that is stationed outside of the boiler. It's green and definitely has Wilo on the end!

Agile, so i got my description wrong, i'm sure you've screwed up with something in your life before (or perhaps you are perfect), so stop being so 'infuriated' and go enjoy your BH weekend!

Cheers,
D

There is a lot of difference!

A heat pump takes heat from outside and transfers it to the inside. They work on electricity and produce heat for about 4p per unit.

But expensive to buy and install.

I have to take great care to not mess up!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response, ok i have a circulating Wilo pump which for the lay person apparently does not heat the water, but merely pushes it around the pipes around the home.

Now that we have that sorted, i hope, any idea why my boiler is firing up every 15 min, for no more than a few mins, and then switches off? I know not a huge deal but this annoying me and wondering if i should call the Vaillant chappies out again?

Cheers,
D

I would wonder if your boiler has a DHW preheat anmd you have this activated?

Normally to turn off slowly turn the DHW temp knob to minimum and then back up to the required temperature but NOT as far as maximum as that would turn the preheat back on again!

Tony

Hello again,

Right i tried that and there was no effect, however when i did the same with the rad control on the boiler, it seemed to kick-in when i turned it up. The strange thing is that the heating is off as is the room thermostat.

Does this make any sense?

Sorry to bug you here again but would greatly appreciate your thoughts?

Kind regards,
Dhar :rolleyes:

Hi Tony,

Can you recommend a good Heating Engineer that could come and look at the problem pls? I'm in West Ealing W13?

Cheers,
Dhar...

The chances are you have a bronze secondary pump on the hot water, it may be on a pipe thermostat which is why it will be coming on every 15 minutes, my email is in my profile if you want me to have a look.

Well spotted Picasso,

I didn't realise we had a secondary pump, in the extension, which delivers hot water to that part of the house. So is it a case of resetting it or something completely different?

Thanks,
Dhar...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back