central heating wiring probs still, Please help

programmer first 2 are n & l, e is a block at bottom but programmer is double insulated

I meant with the seven wires shown not the timer terms which you clearly marked L+ N

It looks like instead of using 4core flex they have used the cable earth as a conductor.
By the E symbol next to some of your wires it confuses the drawing as I do not think they are all being used as earth.
This may be same with some of the wires marked N,may not all be neutrals

By the drawing i gave you and with your one i think you could work it out.

The ch on,is to the stat and stat output on to possibly the valve

hw on and hw off, will be both at the cyl stat or one, , may be near the valve,the valve also needs a N+E

One of these Hw on may possibly also link to the boiler and maybe the pump either at the timer or at the other end, as per drawing, these also need a N+E from somewhere

Not too sure about the frost stat
could be wired somehow to over ride the room stat but not sure

There should be a N+E as well to the stat
And a L+N+E to the timer/programmer.
Although it is DI you still need it to join to the g/y wires IF any are earth

It is just the non standard colours they have used are misleading.
If you redraw the s plan drawing using the coloured cores you have.
Work out what is neutral to the stat , pump, boiler and valve, then you wont have many wires to work out.
And genuine earths if any

Do not assume though that
g/y is earth
or
Blue is Neut
as i do not think it is

The earth wire incidentally should not be used as anything but earth,
If you find it is
Apart from rewiring in 4 core cable, you can not alter this, so you should mark with brown tape to warn people
sorry

Sponsored Links
got this sorted today thx
had to get my dad round & help me with a wander lead to identify all wires in & out instead of just what they went to.

If your charging for the work I feel sorry for the customer because I get feeling that for no good reason their laminate floor is in for a good hiding.
its not paid work, its my sisters house who has no money, no insurance & 2 kids to keep warm & a nob of a husband that left her with sod all recently.If i hadnt bought the consumer unit she wouldnt even have power on, thats why I took exeption to kevnurse's

You had a fire. You should have insurance to pay for an electrician to repair the system. If you don't have insurance, why should we spend considerable amounts of our own time trying to save you some money.

if everyone was like that, it'd be a pretty selfish & sad world we lived in.

cheers, HB

Hardbasta:
its not paid work, its my sisters house who has no money, no insurance & 2 kids to keep warm & a nob of a husband that left her with s** all recently.If i hadnt bought the consumer unit she wouldnt even have power on, thats why I took exeption to kevnurse's

Quote:
You had a fire. You should have insurance to pay for an electrician to repair the system. If you don't have insurance, why should we spend considerable amounts of our own time trying to save you some money.

if everyone was like that, it'd be a pretty selfish & sad world we lived in.

Your paragraph describing the background to the problem probably took you no more than a minute to type. I suggest that you should have provided that info in your very first post, because not only would I have been interested in helping you, I guess many more people would have been too. I read DIYNOT every day to improve my knowledge and there is an awfully high number of people who come to this site, every now and then, and expect the pros to give up their own free time just so that they, the freeloaders, can save themselves some money. Clearly, your situation is not in that category, but your opening post gave me (and probably others) the impression that it was.

I assume that no-one was hurt in the fire. The fact that family members rallied round to sort out the damage indicates to me that you are a close and loving family. Perhaps, the family might consider paying an insurance premium for your sister while she is strapped for cash. After all, you cannot go on the web to find a replacement sister and mother to look after her orphans.

Sincerely,
Kev Nurse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back