s plan heating circuit, identifying wires at programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have an s plan heating circuit & after a fire in the cupboard where the programmer & consumer unit is, the programmer has melted along with the cables.
i am unsure what programmer was on. as far as i have investigated i have the following wires.

cable 1
p= to room stat
n= Neutral
e= earth

cable 2
p= water stat
n= from room stat ??????
e= to in switch on both zone valves

cable 3 (1core)
L= live to boiler

so, using this programmer, what wires would go where?

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/Central-Heating/C21-InstallerGuide.pdf

im not sure about the form room stat wire so maybe someone could help with that also.

Sponsored Links
Diagram 6, page 2 is the one you will need. As you say, where is the S/L from the room stat?

Did these not go into a wiring centre instead of the programmer?

there is no wiring centre, just 3 old junction boxes, its diagram 7 cos it has 2 stats & 2 valves, but dont know which wire is which, according to what i have found, what goes into 1,2,3&4?

Sponsored Links
may be wrong again about it being 7 lol u might be right, i know that from the plate that came out 2 of the wires went into 1 terminal of the programmer because the electrician that started it taped them together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back