Central Heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am used to terminating combination boilers but I have never connected a Central heating 2port valve to a combination boiler.

The problem I have the Vokera Linea 735 combination boiler witch needs a dry set of contacts to trip the boiler. But I am unable to find a central heating programmer with two sets of dry contacts. Can any one recommend such a programmer?

The customer has a cylinder for hot water; the combination boiler is just for the kitchen sink.
In the summer they do not want the heating on only hot water. This is the reason for the 2 port valve?

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
I think that you need a three port valve or two two port valves otherwise how will you control the cylinder temperature.

You should not take on jobs if you dont have the necessary expertise.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The customer has a cylinder for hot water; the combination boiler is just for the kitchen sink.

Tony looking for help it would be good if we where all experts

Thought help was for DIYers on this forum. If serving customers you're supposed to be an expert.

use a three port and a twin channel programmer,Dont know how the switching works from voltfree boiler as the mid position will need 240 send and so will the cyl stat.

...come on guys enlighten the uneducated on voltfree y plans. :confused:

Depending on your pipework arrangements you could use a 2-port, a 3-port or 2 * 2-ports. The key question is whether your combi can accomodate 230V switching. Glow Worms and Aristons certainly can not. If yours cannot then use a 2-port configuration - either 1 or 2.

how come 2ports can handle the voltfree switching from the Gloworms (et al) then?

bster said:
how come 2ports can handle the voltfree switching from the Gloworms (et al) then?

Because they are volt free contacts (grey / orange)

that makes sense then :LOL:

I thought that the orange was the 240 to the boiler/pump

iThink i've found the answer..

ts all down to the auxillary switch..yeah?

i love books!

Mike, how can he do it with only ONE two port with both heating and a HW cylinder?

Tony

So do you use a 2 port valve with or without auxillary switching or is theer a specific type (ie aux switching has nothing to do with it). and i know you get volt bfeee room stats but can you get volt free cyl stats (i presume you can).

I'm asking this as i'm doin a Sime combi and megaflow install in college soon (though the Sime may have 240 volt switching i'd like to know what to do on an install with a Gloworm boiler as we do these in work.).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back