Central heating woe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a Glow Worm Flexicom CX30 boiler fitted some four years ago by a corgi reg chap. All was fine for about a year then started going wrong with leaks in floor (concrete floor). Identifed leaks and got them fixed. Both on joints which had not been protected when house was built (so not fault of plumber). But recently I have looked at the boiler detailing and it looks to me as though it has been fitted the wrong way round i.e flow and return. Plumber stated that it did not matter! Seems to me it does but I am no expert. To cut a long story short its loosing pressure again and I am having to top it up each day. Struggling to find any leak (borrowed a thermal imaging camera...could see nothing obvious but then again I suppose it could be leaking below pipe and perhaps for this reason it would not show up?). There is a small amount of water from the safety valve pipe outside but does not look enough for the amount I keep having to top up. Has anyone any thoghts ideas which might help please?

Sponsored Links
I'd get the issue with the small amount of prv discharge leaking sorted 1st and then see how the system is.PRV's should not leak under normal conditions.

Pressure vessel deflated/blown. Glowworm are currently out of stock as are Parts Centre, I know this because I tried to order one last week, they're not sure if they'll have any before Christmas unfortunately. It may be that some Vaillant ones fit but finding out which ones may be tricky!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back