Ceramic hob position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two questions:

1. Is there a minimum distance that an electric (ceramic) hob needs to be from a sink.

2. The cable run required to the hob position is about 11 metres from the CU. Does this have a bearing on what size cable I need to use and MCB. Not sure yet of the rating of the hob because it hasn't arrived yet but I guess they are all similar.

Sponsored Links
you need to check with the makers, but there are no hard and fast wiring rules. - but if it were a socket, most people would try for at least 2 feet if there is no splash guard.
At 11m, voltage drop will not require you to use a fatter cable than the current rating will require anyway. I'd size on 2Kw (8amps) /ring if no hard data availiable, and probably end up putting in 10mm, if 6mm would only just do it (depends on if routing through insulationor not, or grouped with other circuits or not etc etc.). (and using a nice deep back box - the cable is not very flexible.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back