ceramic hob with oven below

Now to me that looks like the space over a cupboard. Its the one to the side with 65mm from hob to top of oven you should be looking at. I may have that wrong.

The 65cm is the distance from the hob to the extractor or cupboard above it
Eeee! Blind b*****r Me!!!
how does the heat resistant board fit into the equation
That would definitely be to stop heat passing down, especially if over a cupboard unit.

Ooophs 65 mm deffo a typo I take it you have fitted the same model did you have any issues when fittting ?

Sponsored Links
No. I haven't fitted one, but someone I know is thinking of getting one and was asking my opinion on whether it would fit.

Hence I downloaded the user manual the other week.

And you're right. Not the best read I've ever had.

It was the ventilation I was concerned about as I didnt want the hob overheating and becoming faulty and invalidating any warranty cos wrongly fitted
Quite, but only 5mm. is required at the front for ventilation.

As above - the 50mm. is to prevent overheating the cabinet below.

No. I haven't fitted one, but someone I know is thinking of getting one and was asking my opinion on whether it would fit.

Hence I downloaded the user manual the other week.

And you're right. Not the best read I've ever had.

I think they well have an answer in there somewhere
I am not impressed with Currys after service on this either they cant help several phone calls to different departments, they own Logik and still cant offer any advice and won't refund as it has been opened......my recommendation is stay well clear

Sponsored Links
It was the ventilation I was concerned about as I didnt want the hob overheating and becoming faulty and invalidating any warranty cos wrongly fitted
Quite, but only 5mm. is required at the front for ventilation.

As above - the 50mm. is to prevent overheating the cabinet below.

That sounds feasible as the oven is not going to over heat. I am happy to go along with that and fit as it should be thank you.

just the second part of my question re the wiring and fuse to sort now

just the second part of my question re the wiring and fuse to sort now
Well, straight off, you cannot upgrade the fuse. It's there to protect the 6mm cable, not the hob.

Mrs Brown is now on so you'll have to hang on regarding the 6mm cable!!

Rated 6kw @ 230v which is 26.1 amps.

Best case install of 6mm cable gives 47Amp capacity when clipped direct (includes buried in the plaster / wall).

Worst case install of 6mm cable gives 23.5Amp capacity when in a fully insulated stud wall.

Voltage drop (cable length) may also play a part. Basically its down to how your 6mm cable is installed in the fabric of the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back