certificate of lawfullness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
well i have a small cottage which started its life as a cabbage packing shed which has been there since approxamatly 1939
anyway the building was renovated and the people living there have been doing so for well over the 4 yrs which is set out as guide lines for it to be a dwelling,
planning and enforcement have wrote to me on more then 1 occasion explaining its now time barred from any enforcement action,and would welcome a certificate of lawfullness if i ever wish to sell it etc etc,
my tennant there has used a shed and a large part of a field as garden and has wrote all the necessary letters saying so and had signed by a jp,

but my question is i cant ever see my self selling it but

and one day i will want to extend it and move in there so will a straight forward planning extension application give me the rights a certificate of lawfullness does???i cant see why i should do both i t will be a large extra cost and could i do what a certificatew does in an application,
atb mark

Sponsored Links
A planning application seeks a grant of right to develop

A LDC states that what is there is deemed lawfull under planning law, and is normally retrospective

The two are different

No, its just a bit of paper for your own comfort or for waving at a nervous buyer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back