Certificate

Sponsored Links
On a Domestic Installation Certificate there is no page for observation defects codes 1-4 and overall assessment, Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory, also next inspection due date.

Which is why a PIR should be carried out prior to recify and faults before changing the consumer unit and issueing an EIC to cover the board and all outgoing circuits.

In fact, have a look here - http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=20346&enterthread=y

BTW NICEIC Approved Contractor 23 years.[/b]

And?

Gary, that was my point, a periodic should have been carried out first.

"And" after 23 years they have not said that is wrong.

Sponsored Links
Gary, that was my point, a periodic should have been carried out first.

"And" after 23 years they have not said that is wrong.

And my point is that it should be followed with an EIC to cover the whole installation (including all outgoing circuits) after the change.

Sorry Gary but unless you installed all the cabling, fittings, earthing, design etc, your EIC cannot cover it all.
For a start you would not want it to, you cannot issue an EIC for another persons work. This has been discussed many times.

Sorry Gary but unless you installed all the cabling, fittings, earthing, design etc, your EIC cannot cover it all.
For a start you would not want it to, you cannot issue an EIC for another persons work. This has been discussed many times.

I know where you're coming from and totally appreciate that we really don't want to be responsible for other people work but......at the end of the day an EIC has to be completed which lists all outgoing circuits. You still need to record R2 or R1+R2, Ring Continuity, Insulation Resistance, Polarity, Zs and RCD operating times (as applicable) for all outgoing circuits along with a schedule of items inspected and circuit details.
Any faults (Code 1's at least) would have been rectified after being highlighted by the prior PIR.

NICEIC is all they see.

The glorious NICEIC eh?
Takes all waifs and strays as long as you have at least five days experience :rolleyes:

Now, Gary you are getting confused with Domestic Installers, or should I say kitchen fitters or plumbers in fact anyone :D :D :D :D

I know, it was just a jibe at the money making machine that is the NICEIC for taking on these muppets.

Now that is something we can totally agree on then :D :D :D :D

I am in it but never wanted to be, however my clients are those that insist on it.

They always said it was a charity, who the hell for.
Now they are not a charity so what happens next, up the prices no doubt. :( :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back