Cambs electricians

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My house need a full rewire from a qualified sparky .
Off a 3 bed semi detached house , new consumer unit obviously,
Etc etc.
With certificate for work done!

Prices from sparky ideal 2 guys or ... To get done quicker

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I suggest getting three quotes, ideally off electricians that have good testimonies of the quality of work they do. It is best if you know someone that has had work done and this was satisfactory.
The work requires notification as well as certificates issued, so you have two paths that can be followed. Use an electrician that can self notify the work, they will then cover the costs of this and inform building controls.
Or you will have to apply to building controls for the work to be started, so that means prior to work beginning and on approval work can start, normally requires a hefty fee!
http://www.electricalsafetyregister.com/

Sponsored Links
And the sauna and jacuzzi in the garden shed 50 metres from the house? ;)

Description what that's for exactly to do ?
Pm if prefer.

Qualified sparky with certificate, that gets building reg too...

Get your quotes in

If you want a quote that is going to actually be nearer the mark, I suggest the following.
* You sit down and think what type of installation you want
* This can be by differing type of boards and circuit divisions, for example dual RCDs serving two banks of circuits, RCBOs only, Single RCD serving one bank of circuits and a selection of RCBO protected circuits, you could also have two RCD unit and separate RCBOs, there could also be some dedicated non RCD protected circuits.
*Then you need to consider the circuits you require.
**Lighting: Upstairs, downstairs, loft, outside, security
**Sockets: Upstairs, downstairs, kitchen above worktop, kitchen below worktop, utility, outside socket
** Power circuits: Cooking appliances, shower, garage, shed, outhouse
** Extraction for kitchen, bath/shower rooms, ensuites, cloak rooms.
** Security such as smoke/co alarms and intrusion
** Boiler/Heating
** Then there is also whirlpool/spa baths and underfloor heating
** Plus other things concerning renewable energy.
Once you have that in your head or ideally on paper, you need to know where you would require all the appliances, electrical equipment, outlets, switches, isolators, controls, fittings, accessories etc... to be located.

Then after that, an on-site visit for a visual and discussion with regards to the above, will give the electrician a more informed opportunity to give you a quote!

Without this info and a visit to the property, anyone giving you a solid quote is barking mad!
Unless you intend employing this guy

Me and my mate will do it for six grand. This includes a new consumer unit etc.

When people ask me "how much for a rewire" as a ballpark unspecific price I usually answer "about as much as a second hand car!" then they retort "but, ............." "Exactly!" says me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back