CES Cylinder Lock Removal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have French patio doors that I am attempting to remove the CES lock cylinder. I have the key but am unable to get the mechanism to turn down to line up so that I can remove it. I have read and watched everything possible and removing the screw on the side of the door and turning the key 25 degrees doesn't do it. I am needing to do this because my lever on the door no longer springs back and want to see what has broken in the mechanism, but I can't get it out to look at it unless the lock cylinder is removed. I have tried everything that I know to get it to turn. I can see it moving inside when the door locks and when it unlocks. It needs to turn about 90 more degrees to line up so it will slide out. There is a little vertical slit on the front of my cylinder that I figure has to be the key to getting it out but I don't have anything to slip in there. Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A quick google shows a few bits about the lock seems the slot is an acess cover for removing the tumblers when re-keying.
One poster says: Put key in and turn 3 oclock position and pull lock out but remove key before.
Maybe removing the key will solve it.

I have tried removing the key, but I can tell that it has not flipped all the way down to be in line with the lock so that it will come out. I shine a flash light in there and I can see it in the lock position, and when I unlock it the black part spins but it needs a little bit more than 90 more degrees to get all the way down and my key has not more movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back