Chaffoteaux & Maury Combi Boiler - not working, please h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler hasn't worked all day and the flame doesn't seem to be lighting when I turn on a hot water tap or try the central heating.

The water pressure was below 1 first thing this morning but I've since raised it to 1 (didn't fix the issue) and then 2. The pressure doesn't seem to have dropped again but the boiler still isn't working.

I've tried turning it on/off.

The red reset button isn't lit either - it occasionally lights up, but a single press usually resolves the problem. This seems to be a different issue as I've never noticed the pressure to drop so low.

Three green lights are flashing (visible in attached photo).

The pipe outside seems dry, no leaking.

I don't have a manual so not sure of the model and I can't see a visible name/code on the boiler.

:eek:

Thanks in advance for any help[/b]

Sponsored Links
What photo?

Can you hear the pump or fan spinning when you turn a tap on, or the heating on?

Hi, yes, I can hear something happening when I turn on the tap and it does sound like a fan.

Hopefully you can see the photos now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Those 3 lights are telling you that the boiler thinks there's a problem with the air pressure switch. i.e the fan has not be detected running.

Sorry to resurrect this post but my boiler is exactly the same as yours and I have the last three little lights flashing as opposed to every other one, whenever I turn the hot tap on.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back