Chaffoteaux Maury -will work for about 20 mins and then stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Chaffoteux Maury MX2 30FF, this will work for about 20 mins to 30 mins and then stop with the error "No Flame Detection". I then have to reset this, occasionally it will come back on - otherwise I have to leave this off for about 20 mins and then it will work again.

I have read that these seem to have issues with the PCB, but as this will work and then seem to "warm up" and then pack in, does anyone know of anything that this could be.

I don't want to fork out on a PCB when it could be something more simple.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Suggests its overheating and has to cool before it will relight, check thermistors and that pump is working ok. Otherwise it could well be the PCB.
After waitng the 20 mins or so does it then work ok?

Suggests its overheating and has to cool before it will relight, check thermistors and that pump is working ok. Otherwise it could well be the PCB.
After waitng the 20 mins or so does it then work ok?

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

After it stops with the error sometimes I can just press the reset button and it comes back on - other times I have to reset it a few times to get it back, I've also tried resetting it a dozen times and then have to leave it for a while and then it comes on ok.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
from personally exp i have found it to be the pcb on most occasions with the no flame detection symbol.

Have tried all the other options of checking the gas valve, all the solenoids but most of the time we have found it to be pcb

Hi

Cheers for the reply - on another forum I read that it could be the ignition electrode - do you think that this would be wort replacing 1st? (It's a lot cheaper)

tonight i've only had to reset it twice and it came back on 1st time.

thanks

I have had the dispeasure of having to work on afew of these boilers :( with the same faults/symptons and if u wanted to change the flame sensing electrode, which could well be at fault you will immedietly noitce that it has been modified! I think this is because of orignal design fault.
however i would not rule out a possible pcb failure, hope this helps :D

I have had the dispeasure of having to work on afew of these boilers :( with the same faults/symptons and if u wanted to change the flame sensing electrode, which could well be at fault you will immedietly noitce that it has been modified! I think this is because of orignal design fault.
however i would not rule out a possible pcb failure, hope this helps :D

Hi Mate - are you saying that replacing the electrode could cause issues?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back