chaffoteaux & maury MX 2 24 FF diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend is at her wits end having had her boiler leaking for weeks now and the boiler engineer she has finally managed to agree to look at it says that he can't get the spares.

It needs a diverter valve kit for a Chaffoteaux & Maury MX 2 24 FF but I'm sure she won't mind buying a whole new valve if necessary and if it means she doesn't have to buy a new boiler.

Can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
My girlfriend is at her wits end having had her boiler leaking for weeks now and the boiler engineer she has finally managed to agree to look at it says that he can't get the spares.

Can anyone help please.

I dont know why some people seem to have so much difficulty getting engineers. Most on this site say that its a quiet time when they can usually go to a breakdown the same day.

British Gas usually do a fixed price repair for between £99 and £213 depending on who tells you the price.

Its not the most popular boiler and if they will not come then the manufacturer should give you details of their local service agent.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

British Gas have said that they won't get involved for some odd reason.

I will try to contact the manufacturer as you recommended.

If anyone else knows of a good supplier could they post here please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is no such thing as a "good supplier" who has parts the others dont have.

The Parts Center is the largest and they have to order parts from the maker for unpopular boilers.

All the other suppliers are secondary and just stick to popular parts for common boilers.

Not getting parts is often used as an excuse for not doind a repair job. It could well be that the boiler is old and the engineer does not think that its worth repairing and that a replacement should be fitted.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back