Chainsaw blades

PTH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cheapish electric (B&D) chainsaw with a 350mm bar. It has had a fair amount of use and despite being regularly sharpened has now stretched beyond the range of adjustment.

Unfortunately B&D do not make a 350 version now and do not list the blade as a spare part on their website. A survey visit to a few sheds and garden suppliers has located many chains for 350mm bars of other makes and they all appear to be the same. Can anyone confirm this?

My other option is to buy a 300, or 400mm bar and chain from B&D as they all seem to have the same fitting.

I don't really want to make a dangerous mistake, I've only got two arms, eight fingers and two thumbs left, I'm also down to my last head.

Sponsored Links
Sorry cant help, but

PTH said:
I don't really want to make a dangerous mistake, I've only got two arms, eight fingers and two thumbs left, I'm also down to my last head.

now that was funny :LOL: (specialy the last bit)

go to a garden tool shop that does chainsaws (Not a diy shed) they will be able to tell you which one, or make up the right one for you. Dont chance it, if you put the wrong one on it can be a costly mistake.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, all.

I've taken the chain and the bar off and will take them to a local emporium of all things sharp and nasty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back