Chalet Wiring - with Pics!

Well it is certainly something to keep you going!!!

Don't like the CU, no RCD and a dodgy MCB, earthing looks mmmmm...

I would go for a re-wire, peace of mind, protect those cables from little chewing fellas and definitelty bring a sub main into the house.

Nice kitchen really well thought out................not

Ever thought what a fire might do for the 'shed'??!!!???!!?? ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Dictionary.com said:
dwell·ing

–noun a building or place of shelter to live in; place of residence; abode; home.
'
From 'Part P Explained' downloadable from
http://www.partp.co.uk/common/download.asp

Q. Are permanently sited leisure homes subject to Part P requirements?
A. ODPM advise that this depends on the size of the structure. Therefore, it is best to check on an individual basis with local Building Control.

Q. Are permanently sited leisure homes subject to Part P requirements?
A. ODPM advise that this depends on the size of the structure. Therefore, it is best to check on an individual basis with local Building Control.
There might also be some mileage in arguing that if they won't let you live there full time it's not a proper dwelling.

Sponsored Links
I'll try that! The council know the status of the property as I don't pay council tax but I pay non-business rates.

Had another look around today and investigated why a light was not working.

This is what I found! Sorry it's a bit blured. The earth of the light fitting is connected to the incoming neutral. There is no connection to the neutral wire of the light fitting. There is a bare earth wire sticking out of the wall.
lite.jpg

Also looked at the old garage socket.

Socket.jpg

Of course the 13A plug didn't have shrouded pins!

Inside the CU.

cu_int.jpg

The LH MCB only fed 2 lights. The one next to it fed all the other lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back