Challenge Xtreme XSZ40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently refurbishing a Challenge Xtreme XSZ40 self propelled mower.
I have stripped down everything from the deck and noticed that there is a removable panel which when removed exposes a linkage which connects one front wheel to the rear wheel for height adjustment. I have noticed a spring which connects to the linkage but I'm unsure where the other end of the spring connects to. Does anyone know where it connects to?.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Usually one end of the spring connects to the middle of the linkage somewhere and the other end heads back to a hole in the deck - have a look towards the front of the rear wheels, top of the deck.
Be warned, these springs - if it's anything like the Sovereign series - are bloody powerful and always seem at least an inch too short!
Pics would be appreciated.
John :)

Cheers mate you were right. Got it sorted now. I will definitely post pictures. While we're on the subject, I have built the mower back up and it starts up. Only problem is that the self propelled wheels will not move the mower forward. when I raise the rear wheels off the ground the wheels spin as they should. Any ideas?.

Initially there’s a few possibilities here....
The drive belt to the rear axle is slack, or the pulley is worn;
When you pull the drive handle it isn’t pulling the clutch cable far enough......you may have noticed a lever on the top of the gearbox which needs to operate fully;
Hopefully the gearbox hasn’t called it a day!
Are you able to pull the mower backwards, engine off, without any problems?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi again, I'll give it a go tomorrow John as I'm going to work now. Cheers mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back