Chandelier fixing to ceiling rose wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - two questions:

1. I have a chandelier to wire-in and fix to a ceiling rose on a loop-in system. Having done this in another room using a junction box etc. I would prefer to use a connector block instead of a junction box as it would be easier to hide these behind the chandelier rose. With a junction box I would have to make a large hole in the ceiling and then do some re-plastering which isn't ideal.

Can anyone advise whether this is an acceptable way to do it? I have seen the "For reference" topic showing a similar method.

2. Also, I wondered if anyone had a better way of fitting a chandelier light fitting AND a ceiling rose (large plaster-style one, although actually made out of resin). I did this in another room and it meant having to wire it in underneath and then stick the ceiling rose on, which was a two-person job as someone had to hold the chandelier underneath. It provides a secure fixing as the chandelier attaches direct into the joist but very fiddly.

Thanks,

Jo

Sponsored Links
1. I have a chandelier to wire-in and fix to a ceiling rose on a loop-in system. Having done this in another room using a junction box etc. I would prefer to use a connector block instead of a junction box as it would be easier to hide these behind the chandelier rose. With a junction box I would have to make a large hole in the ceiling and then do some re-plastering which isn't ideal.

You can use terminal block but it must stay within light fitting rose. You can only push it back into the floor void if you use a cover and the cables to the light are double insulated ie flex.

2. Also, I wondered if anyone had a better way of fitting a chandelier light fitting AND a ceiling rose (large plaster-style one, although actually made out of resin). I did this in another room and it meant having to wire it in underneath and then stick the ceiling rose on, which was a two-person job as someone had to hold the chandelier underneath. It provides a secure fixing as the chandelier attaches direct into the joist but very fiddly.

Not sure about your question. The plaster rose is normally fixed to the ceiling first and then the light fitting fixes through the rose to either a joist or noggin.

Depending how big your chandelier is, it may need three people, Del Rodney and Grandad :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back