New Chandelier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace a standard ceiling rose with flex and single bulb with a light to medium weight chandelier. The chandelier only has a fitting for one bulb but I can't find anything on the web which explains how to deal with the wires that are currently in the rose.

I've been told to remove the ceiling rose and the wires can then be connected up in a junction box which is then placed in the cavity in the ceiling to which I should screw a hook to a joist which will hold the chandelier. Is this the best way to do it and if so are there any diagrams that show how it should be done?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
clogger71 said:
I want to replace a standard ceiling rose with flex and single bulb with a light to medium weight chandelier. The chandelier only has a fitting for one bulb but I can't find anything on the web which explains how to deal with the wires that are currently in the rose.
That doesn't sound right..

I've been told to remove the ceiling rose and the wires can then be connected up in a junction box which is then placed in the cavity in the ceiling to which I should screw a hook to a joist which will hold the chandelier. Is this the best way to do it
A hook into a joist sounds like an excellent idea

and if so are there any diagrams that show how it should be done?
Yes - in the For Reference topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back