Change of use to D1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it true that with changes in planning regulation, I should be able to buy or lease a shop front type commercial property and convert it from A1 or whatever to D1? I'm based in NW London.

Sponsored Links
Under current PD rules and regulations, there is nothing allowing you to convert to a D1 use. Unless that may be changing anytime soon!?!

Planning and leases are distinct, and what you can do under one does mean you can do it under the other.

Let me rephrase the question.

Under the new planning rules being talked about in the last few days by the government, can I convert a A1 or whatever to D1.

Sponsored Links
You don't base assessments on talk.

Until the actual new policy is enacted, talk means jack.

With the new planning rules relating to Change of use being declared in operation from 1 Sept, does that mean I can take any of the existing A1,A2 and such classes and open a dental surgery under the new Class E category without having to apply for a change of use for a dental practice?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back