Change the status of a tv aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Excuse my bad knowledge of the English Language but do you know what the this means....

Can you please change the status of the tv aerial

its refering to an aerial in a caravan tourer

many thanks

Sponsored Links
there are only 2 ways to change an ariel
one is move it about untill the best signal is found or add a device [like a booster for example] into the circuit

or change the arial for a new one

On the old terrestrial system an aerial was designed for each region and the type could vary between areas that you live.

Not very useful for a mobile home where the transmitter could vary from day to day.

WBand for freeview is a common aerial type across all transmitters in the UK, however some are strong signal areas, some areas still have no freeview reception.

Will the aerial be static or do you need an aerial for UK and all EEC signals?

For some transmiters the veins need to be in a vertical plane & for others they need to be horizontal, wether that is what is meant by changing the status I do not know.

Sponsored Links
veins? Vanes surely! Elements is better!

In what context? I read this:

Can you please change the status of the tv aerial

as perhaps an error message on a cheap EDIT: FOREIGN AND BADLY TRANSLATED DAB box????

erm, the normal "flying saucer" type of aerial is known as a STATUS aerial, as the main manufacturer is called status, they are omnidirectional, and bi polar, ie do horizontal, as well as vertical an are on the best part totally useless unless camped under a transmitter. plus most (unless new vans) wont receive digital.

Presumably this refers to changing it to a more conventional type aerial, usually clamped to the jocky wheel, and connected to the booster (usually in the wardrobe) via an external socket.

this kind of thing
http://www.gradeuk.co.uk/store/product.asp?spc=04-2065&shelfid=44S45S1
hope it helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back