changing dimmer to normal switcher

hello,
reference to above ie changing from dimmers to switches to enable me use energy saving bulbs- when i switch my lights on, one of the lights comes on instantly.however the other one takes a second or two before coming on. is this something to worry about or is this normal.
i thought they should both come on instantly.
all the other switches are working fine.

I have energy saving bulb in our bedroom and it does take about 2 seconds to come on and then it's quite dull for about 20 seconds afer until it warms up, think this is pretty normal.

Sponsored Links
hello,
reference to above ie changing from dimmers to switches to enable me use energy saving bulbs- when i switch my lights on, one of the lights comes on instantly.however the other one takes a second or two before coming on. is this something to worry about or is this normal.
i thought they should both come on instantly.
all the other switches are working fine.

This behaviour is common with some energy saving bulbs.
But you could try swapping the bulbs over and seeing if they behave the same way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back