Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,422
Sponsored Links
Assuming it is one you can change the lamp on, the white part will twist off. I find pressing the ball of my hand onto the fitting and keeping pressure on whilst twisting works. Stops the whole fitting spinning

Looking through the types of available downlights, I think the electrician bought the ones from Screwfix, link in the first post.

It has no threads that I can see on the stock image, but metal clips that hold the fitting in. I also think the bulb and fitting is one piece, so will have to buy the exact same one.

Am I right, and if so what is the best way to remove it without damaging the plaster?

Thanks again everyone :)

Sponsored Links
It does look like an enlite, could be an E8 or E5 but definitely not the one you linked, they’re massive.

If it is an enlite then the white part will twist off because they have interchangeable bezels. If you pull down on it slightly you will be able to remove the bezel and confirm this.

To remove it fully you will need to pull down harder, then as the springs begin to show get your other hand in there and squeeze them.

If you just pull it straight out the springs will bite your fingers and you’ll be swearing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back