Changing from a Siemens rcr10/433 to a ketotek ktf0155c - wiring help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everything

I hope you are all having a good weekend, I want to change my current RF thermostat receiver to a little more modern smart thermostat - If I am honest I thought it was going to be straightforward... 4 wires, two for power and two for the switch... On paper, it didn't exactly sound like brain surgery but now it has come to the crunch, I am starting to question myself and lose my nerve.

This is purely to control turning on and off the combi boiler at a set temperature for the central heating.

This is the back of my current thermostat with the wiring diagram from the instructions

Screenshot 2024-04-06 185134.png

The below is back of the the new "smart" thermostat

Screenshot 2024-04-06 185354.png

Obviously the N and L, are very straight forward, whereas I am unsure went it comes to the switch control

Would I be right to presume (always a mistake) that LX from the Siemens, translate to 5 on the Ketotek and L1 translates as 6 ?

Sorry, I am sure this is a very stupid question... Just read to many things about frying the circuit board in my boiler, which is a 13 year old Biasi Riva Advance HE

Thanks in advance

T

Sponsored Links
How far away is the receiver from the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Good Morning

The current siemans one is only about 20/30 cm from the boiler.
Good morning to you too. So you do realise that’s where the new thermostat will be registering the temperature? As opposed to your wireless one registering wherever it is placed.

Hi

It is my understanding that you can adjust a temp offset in the app settings to take into account any increased temp that could be attributed to its location.

However, not sure how effective that really is, until I get it actually installed.

It will also not be in an closed space.

There is the possibility to extend the wiring but I want to get it working first, before creating more work for myself.

I will try installing it, this afternoon, if I get the time.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back