Repair or replace a Siemens RCR10/433 thermostat unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My boiler is all working fine and serviced recently. My Siemens Thermostat RCR10433 needs repairing since when the temp goes low it doesnt switch ON the boiler. As suggested in other forums a whack on the thermostat unit switches on the boiler central heating system.

I have done the reset on both the wall unit and the room unit multiple times. All the lights work as expected but nothing but the tight whack switches the heating on. This has been happening for the past couple of days and i am now tired of whacks.

I want to know how easy is to replace the thermostat unit? Can it be done as DIY by switching off the mains and replacing the unit with a new one or does it need a qualified engineer?

Other forums suggested replacing a capacitor will solve the problem. Any suggestions or ideas?

Sponsored Links
Replace with a center brand rf stat or honey well cm927. Always have problems with the Siemens, absolute cheap junk

Sponsored Links
Try changing the batteries first, use genuine Duracell not cheap shyte

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back