Changing Mains op Thermostat to Digistat3 Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have a combi boiler that the central heating is on and we control by adjusting a room thermostat. An ACL.

In tkaing the cover off I notice that it has Live -Netral - Earth and the thermostat creates the circut when the temp drops. I am looking to change this to a Thermostat and Timer combined.

I purchased a Drayton Digistat+3 22083 - this is battery / mains. I need to understand which connector takes The L- N and then the E.

I have a C On and Off. No Earth

Will this unit work with this set up. If not What do you suggest.

Yes the boiler does have a control panel but is not easy to use.

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Are you sure your existing room 'stat has live, neutral and earth?
There must be a switched live going back to the boiler.

1. What is the make and model no of your old thermostat?

2. Which wire goes to which terminal?

Hi There,

Thanks for the replies.
I noticed a similar //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=256353 post but very confused over the contradicting answers.

I have a Biasi Riva M 11032SM/C Combi.

Not sure how it's wired at boiler end. Will have to take panel off to discover.

I am attaching some photo's of the current wiring and the new unit.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
For once the green/yellow wire is actually being used as an earth!

Is there a wire connected to the bottom terminal?

Old Thermostat ACL (it loks like Drayton bought ACL?)

Here is the wiring from the boiler.

It look like the cable does not have earth fitted to the control yet the control has an earth. If it goes anywhere!?

[/img]

No wire connected on the bottom terminal
In that case, the wiring of the new stat is simple ;)

Connect the brown wire to C terminal
Connect Blue wire to ON terminal (this wire should have a red sleeve as it is the switched live)
The green/yellow wire is not used and should be made safe - e.g. cut back to outer cover.

Thank You D_Hailsham.

That's great. I suspected this might be the case but didn't want to fry myself, the boiler or the new stat!!

:D

No wire connected on the bottom terminal
In that case, the wiring of the new stat is simple ;)

Connect the brown wire to C terminal
Connect Blue wire to ON terminal (this wire should have a red sleeve as it is the switched live)
The green/yellow wire is not used and should be made safe - e.g. cut back to outer cover.

Hi, this post covers what i am trying to do with what looks like the same original thermostat. However in my case the second wire is yellow (with red sleeve) and the bottom terminal has a blue wire connected to it.

in this case where would the blue wire go to on the new Drayton Digistat+3 terminals?

Thanks, Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back